ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there could clue me in on the meaning of the number blocks in the VIN number on my 80 280zx. For instance on domestics the VIN can tell you where it was made, options etc... I was wondering if this was also the case for the Datsun. The number is HS130210700. If you know the answer I would appreciate an email. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"H" means L28 engine
"S130" means Car model ie: 280ZX
The rest is just the serial number of the individual car. Unless you have a right hand steer car, there should be an "L" between the "H" and the "S" which stands for Left hand drive. They did add additional letters for 2+2 and T-tops and turbo in later years.

·
Registered
650 Posts
a moment of silence please...

i was visiting a couple of the local j/y's the other day looking for parts and i stumble across a series 1 240z. yup! a 1970 release, the frame looked in great shape, but the body and interior where stripped to the bone.

How could anyone do that to a Z. =*(

but if anyone is interested in the frame, its at a pick-a-part in san francisco, just off of 3rd street. the name is fender warehouse or something like that. right on third near the carwash. its a red frame sitting on the top row on aisle 8. if i had the money i would rescue it. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.