ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an engine earlier tonight, from what I can tell it came from an 84-89 300ZX Turbo. Its still running, not in great shape, but I think it could be if I re-built the engine. If all else fails, I might have a good turbo for my truck, and definatley will gain a little bit of experience.

So the question is, how can I tell what this engine came from? Is there a VIN number somewhere? A serial number? Model number? Also, from what I can tell, theres no title for the engine, is there any way to get a title to the engine without knowing anything atall about the car?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Click this to find where the engine's serial no. is located:
http://z31.com/fiche/1/i02.gif

The engine's serial no. is not the same number as the car's VIN no. Your car's title and the Mulroney new car window sticker has the car's VIN no. on it but not the engine's serial no. AZ-Zbum's web site will give you car info. based on a VIN no. Only Nissan could tell you which car the engine was originally installed into.

Post Edited (Sep 22, 7:04am)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
actually, the window sticker does contain the engine serial number.

but I don't have access to a database that references both numbers.

Original window sticker for my NA:

·
Registered
548 Posts
A little different appearance wise. Mine has a Datsun rear spoiler, and Nissan mudflaps front and rear. The tape stripe on mine looks like the turbo stripe without "Turbo" under the mirror. I also have a chin spoiler. Your wheels are purty. I've been procrastinating about polishing mine.
Is it lowered at all? What make and size tires? How is it with those tires?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Lowered via Eibachs.
Fulda Assuros. 225/60/15.
I hate them. But they haven't worn out and I don't race it, so I'm not going to just buy new ones.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks AZ.. I'm trying to keep the 84 stock with some tweaks. My 86 turbo may be a different story. Are the Fulda's hard riding or just too mushy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.