ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place that deals with rebuilt engines. I have an 85 N/A, and evidently they sell a vg30dett for a 1987. What mods would be neccessary to make this work in mine? Thanks.
Original AD:

3.0 /2960 V6 7/89-9/94 VG30DETT, DOHC, Twin Turbo, head # 4OP, timing belt supplied but not installed NI3028 $2759 $300 shipping

·
Registered
364 Posts
ummm....from 7/89-9/94 are all Z32's...they don't make one for a Z31. This is a very common question is if you can put a VG30DETT into a Z31. The common answer is that you can with a buttload of fabrication, time, and money, and that anything is possible with enough time and money. The best advice; don't try it, either get a Z32 or a Turbo Z31. IF you're rich, feel free to do whatever.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Don't bother...find something better to spend your time doing!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight. I'm going to do the swap to the turbo, Just wasn't sure if a twin setup was feasible. I see now its not..

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
sprintguy,

If you have an n/a and you are looking to do the turbo swap I would recommend (as will most) buying a junked turbo for a few hundred bucks as opposed to buying the engine/turbo and parts seperately. Make sure you do the research before you go forward!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.