ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a vg30det from a 1990 cima motor that is supposed to have about 235hp. sense both engines use the same block i was wondering if the internals were the same. i was wondering if anyone knew if the internals from the det were the same or different when compared to the dett that is used in the z32tt model.

if you dont know maybe you can suggest somewhere were i can find out.

thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
While we are on the subject, did the single turbo motor spool off of 3 cylinders or did the exhaust wrap around the back side of the motor like on the VG30ET found in the Z31?

·
Registered
104 Posts
you need to research your engine the block is the same but there are alot of different parts cams intake exhaust sensors the pistons and crank can bolt in with some milling if you have an older model z with a single turbo dont try to put the twin turbo in it

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the block manifold raps around just like the vg30et infact they are interchangeable except the mounting holes on the vg30det manifold are larger.

I know the block is the same but i was talking about the strwength of the internals. ie pistons crank rods. etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.