ZCar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry for the newbie question. But I have proper fuel injection rated hoses for the fuel supply and return lines. But do I need high psi rates for the lines going to the vapor chamber and vent too? I looked and the original ones don’t seem to be. But wanted to confirm. Thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Do you have a 280 with the fuel injection. I know the carb version don’t need it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just put high pressure hoses on there, what do you have to lose? That said, I haven't seen low pressure fuel hoses at my local parts store anyway...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. So this all said. I have 90psi on there. And I’m seeing Fuel Injection is anywhere above 50-200+ psi working pressure. So I think I could be okay. Right?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks. So this all said. I have 90psi on there. And I’m seeing Fuel Injection is anywhere above 50-200+ psi working pressure. So I think I could be okay. Right?
Hold on...your fuel pump is pushing out 90psi?? That is dreadfully off and will ruin your system, it should be sitting at 36psi before the pressure regulator...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hold on...your fuel pump is pushing out 90psi?? That is dreadfully off and will ruin your system, it should be sitting at 36psi before the pressure regulator...

Sorry. What I meant was I have hose on there that is rated to 90PSI now. And wondering if I need to put Hose rated higher than that on there. But I never new the actual PSI is 36 at the regulator. That helps quantify it for me. Sounds like 90PSI hose is fine then?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sorry. What I meant was I have hose on there that is rated to 90PSI now. And wondering if I need to put Hose rated higher than that on there. But I never new the actual PSI is 36 at the regulator. That helps quantify it for me. Sounds like 90PSI hose is fine then?
Yep, the hoses you have on there are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts