Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Steve, your car looks great!

I have a Velo Rossa GTO Kit for sale. I have a stripped '77 280Z with it as well. The metal has been removed and the roof cut out and interior stripped, no engine or tranny. The car was originally a manual so it has the R200 diff. I have the complete VR body kit (all of the fiberglass panels) plus a brand new interior. The seats have been reupholstered (professionally) with a nice camel vinyl as well as the door panels, new matching carpet in the box, new carpet pad in the box, a roll of extra matching vinyl. Many misc. parts like chrome side pipes, new in the box, a new dash cover (the plastic one that covers the entire dash), new center console, a replacement ashtray (almost new), Momo shift knob, and many other little things.

I have decided to buy a 95 Corvette Convertible instead. So I would like to sell everything. The first offer of $2500 or more takes it all.

I am in Des Moines, IA. (H) 515-243-5296 or (W) 515-663-8651 or e-mail me.

Thanks everyone,

Jeff Green

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forget the previous post. The more I look at Steve Graber's VR the more I want to finish mine, so I guess I will keep it. If I am lucky it will be finished before my Daughter is old enough to drive. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: That is SO cool Jeff!

Jeez, I think that's the nicest compliment I have recieved to date! I know you have been thinking about selling the kit for almost as long as I've been building mine. At one point I considered buying your interior, remember? I'm glad to hear you're gonna stick with it. It is SO MUCH WORK, but the rewards are even more numerous. Even my dogs think I'm cool now! Toughest part is final body work. I confess that I left that part to the body and paint man, Frank Alderete, he is an artist. The interior was done by "Total Recovery" in north phoenix. I have to take the door panels back to get redone and the seats need some bolster changes.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There you go! Now your thinking straight (six)

Smart move. That car is smoooooth looking, isn't it?

Just started my first major Z restoration and after seeing Steve's, I'm already thinking about Z #2.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: That is SO cool Jeff!

Steve,

Take it as a compliment! ****, I bet over half of the hits to you web site have been from me. He He. I look forward to the update. It is hard to be patient, my wife doesn't like the mess, the big block MOPAR 400 is taking forever to rebuild and I just miss having a convertible. (My wifes 94 LeBaron Convertible just doesn't do it for me). I still want to build it, but make some "personal" modifications. I took the picture you posted and chopped the windshield (in Photoshop), I like it. I had done it with the red one from the VR site but it was nice to have a different angle to work with. You should try it, it really accentuates the lines of the car and gives it a more "modern" look. I have been doing some work to the car itself. I have "refurbished" the suspension, cleaned, sandblasted and new bushings etc. I have also prepped the engine bay for the engine and tranny. Maybe the Corvette will keep me satisfied until it is finished.

I talked to John Washington a few weeks ago, he said he was working on a new support/pivot for the front end. Have you seen it yet?

Anyway...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jeff

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car will have new hinge

We will use my car as the first one with the new hinge. It will be very nice, the hood will tilt up and over, giving it more clearance at the nose.

Steve G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.