Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I've owned my '94 N/A Z32 slicktop for 2 months now....changed the timing belt a month ago...car has 145K on it.....in gear, the valve train makes a very faint sound between 2000 and 2500 rpm's...out of gear at this rpm, the engine is seamless...am I paranoid?...it's my first Z, and I am trying to pay attention to its every move...is it the variable valve timing that I'm hearing?....normal wear?...is there a cure?... any advice would be appreciated...thanks!!!

ALSO...where are the pcv valves located???

Post Edited (Jan 31, 4:40pm)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Did you change the VTC springs when you did the timing belt?

Is is a valve train noise or could it be a pinging/detonation type noise? What octane gas are you using?

The PCV valves are located on the sided of the motor just under the outside edges of the upper plenum. Each one will have a hose coming off of it and heading back towards the rear of the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info,

no I did not change the vtc springs when belt was done...I run 93 octane fuel, but the sound is not a ping...it definately is in the top end...maybe the new belt tightened everything up and the springs should have been changed???

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
welcome. I'm a little confused. Is the noise with it in gear or out of gear, or both. You said out of gear, the engine is seamless. So I just wanted to make sure we are talking about valvetrain and not drivetrain. Also, the sound you hear, is it a ticking sound? like lifters or fuel injectors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.