ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the valve cover off. Haynes says input valve is .20mm output .25mm cold. Which is the input the front valve for each piston or the back.

Thanks

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, took me a second to figure out what you were talking about but i finally understood. Man just from the first valve I can already tell the clearences were off real bad.

· Registered
600 Posts
By the way...

Youn should adjust the valves while the engine is hot and use the hot specs. The cold specks are for a rough in/loose adjustment in order to get the engine running enough to get it hot, without damaging it. Run it up to operating temp, adjust the valves. Run it again and double check the adjustments to make sure they are right HOT!
Retro

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: By the way...

Yo Avemet.
On Oct 28 I presented a post on valve adjustment. My 02 is 20mm and 25mm is way too large a gap.... But please follow Mr Haynes if you choose. If you go to ' search ' and type ' shane280z ' and click ' Author Only ' and past '180 Days' then that post will come up. I believe it was a reply to Mr Bondorocket whose Z was getting horrible fuel milage at the time. Later. shane-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.