ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello< I was given a quote of $900.00 ( $291.00 each value cover) to replace the 2 Valve Covers on my 03 350Z by my mechanic. is there anyone out there who has gotten a better price on the Value covers Nissan or after market? Or has anyone found success with a mod kit for the valve covers?
Thank you,
Touch

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd try Ebay. Sometimes you find good deals on genuine Nissan parts. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can do the valve cover change yourself and save some money on labor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd try Ebay. Sometimes you find good deals on genuine Nissan parts. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can do the valve cover change yourself and save some money on labor.
Changing the valve covers and gaskets is a time-consuming job. You have to be patient and possess plenty of mechanical aptitude to perform this job. It is definitely required if you are getting oil in your spark plug tubes as the seals within the valve covers tend to become brittle over time. My 2003 has 153k and I finally had to change the covers and gaskets. Additionally, I changed the plugs and ignition coils and the engine no longer smokes and purrs like a kitten. You can get valve covers and gaskets at a decent price online...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
just curious. are the valve covers on the newer Z's that crappy? can't you just replace the gasket? the valve covers on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation cars last forever. got a leak?... replace the gasket or gaskets. it seems to me that the quality of newer nissan is just not very good anymore. not trying to knock the newer Z cars, i'm just old school Z and I just scratch my head sometimes at the quality and design nowadays. I hope i'm not alone in thinking this way.

Bon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts