ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Z friends,my f.sm. says adjust the valves on my 280z at 20(cold)intake and 25(cold)exhaust but all the articles I see on adjusting is 10 (intake) and 12(exhaust).I just want to make sure that I am correct.THANKS,ROBERT

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked on that website but I am trying to figure out why the datsun service manual for that year says 20 and 25

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
.010" and .012" are hot settings. The settings you posted are metric.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I originally adjusted mine cold....but went back and re did them... hot. Its a bitch...but I think its better. That was done in April.... a couple of weeks ago Mike came for a few days and double checked the adjustments on my valves. They were perfectly adjusted... so I would have to say its better to do them hot......

Elaine

1975 280Z

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
ahhh... so we just get them started with the cold adjustment... So I actually did right! But I did it cause I wasnt comfortable with them done cold...... bet you or Kammy told me to redo it hot. Its really not that difficult either...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
haha!!! Doubt that! But thanks! I sort of felt they were right on.....thanks again! So, Robert... Best of luck with your Z!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
mixed up metric and english measurements! You should work for NASA. They mixed up metric and english force units and missed Mars with one of their probes a year or so ago....And to think we were gonna let Hillary create a federal health care system......

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
since ive never done a z valve adjustment ill have to do it cold just to make sure i know what the heck im doing! ive always adusted my other cars with engine running and its SO much easier that way!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.