ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to work through some vacuum issues on my car and have a question about one of the components in the system. The A/C Vacuum tank (engine compartment right beside the engine compartment light and relay box) has a couple of round switches (at least they appear to be switches of some sort) bolted to it. The lower switch is yellow and has one vacuum line running from it over to the intake manifold. If I put a vacuum gauge on this, I just suck air right through it -- it doesn't hold vacuum. First question, is this the way that this switch should function, or should it hold vacuum? Second question, what does this yellow switch, and the one above it for that matter, do?

many thanks,
kordon

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I'm trying to work through some vacuum
> issues on my car and have a question about
> one of the components in the system. The A/C
> Vacuum tank (engine compartment right beside
> the engine compartment light and relay box)
> has a couple of round switches (at least
> they appear to be switches of some sort)
> bolted to it. The lower switch is yellow and
> has one vacuum line running from it over to
> the intake manifold. If I put a vacuum gauge
> on this, I just suck air right through it --
> it doesn't hold vacuum. First question, is
> this the way that this switch should
> function, or should it hold vacuum? Second
> question, what does this yellow switch, and
> the one above it for that matter, do?

> many thanks,
> kordon
I can't help you much with your lower yellow switch, I think it's for some emmsion control system. In any case it seems to be a secondary system seprate from the main vacume system. The top switch is basically an on/off control, that turns the vacume to you ventelator control on and off. If that switch goes out you can no longer direct where you want your air to go. To test the bottom system you could switch it with the top and see if you have any change it the way the bottom system operates. Or just see if you can still control where your heat goes. Hope that helps

Jared

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.