ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent engine rebuild on my 86NA, and it appears some of the vacuum lines were mis-routed. Any help would be appreciated.

Line #1: At the rear passenger side of the plenum (the back left corner if you're looking at the engine from the front of the car), there's a vacuum hose that's not connected. On the jboykin diagram, this goes to a boost sensor under the ignition coil, but on my NA there's nothing under the ignition coil. Where does it go on my car?

Line #2: At the gottom of the throttle body, there are two vacuum or coolant lines. The larger of the two hoses (on the right if you're looking underneath the TB from the driver's side of the engine bay) leads to a solid line that goes around the back of the plenum. The smaller of the two hoses is disconnected. Where does this one go? Is it coolant or vacuum?

I've used the jboykin vacuum line diagram to properly connect my heater and vacuum cannister hoses, but it isn't helping much on these two lines. Give a n00b some help, guys!!

Post Edited (Jun 1, 4:48pm)

·
Registered
279 Posts
The boost sensor is located above the coil its a small black box, if you do not have digital guages then you dont have a boost sensor.

Im pretty sure one of the vacum lines that goes around the back of the plenum goes to the EGR solenoid.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an analog, so no boost sensor. Thanks for clearing that up. In that case, where does the vacuum at the rear pass side of the plenum lead to? It's a vacuum connector plugged into the rear of the collector/plenum. On the jboykin turbo diagram, it goes to the boost, but what about on my NA? The boneheads who replaced my motor had it terminated at the cruise control.

Also, one of those lines definitely goes to the EGR solenoid. The one that's disconnected, though, doesn't seem to have a home. It was an original hose, with the number "5" along it's length. I have new replacement hose, but nowhere to terminate it. Ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.