ZCar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a 1983 280zx, automatic climate and automatic transmission. Does anyone by chance have some pictures they can send to me of all the vacuum line set ups for all the lines going to the vacuum tank, HVAC, and cruise control. I can't find anything on it in my book and pics online aren't helping. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,330 Posts
Which book do you have? You can download the factory manual at Nicoclub.com.

Also, this question has been asked and photos were posted in response. Try searching for the thread and see if you can find it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which book do you have? You can download the factory manual at Nicoclub.com.

Also, this question has been asked and photos were posted in response. Try searching for the thread and see if you can find it.
I have the Haynes book. The other threads I looked at don't really have or show what I'm ultimately looking for :(

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,330 Posts
You may have to ask for photos. I have an 83 ZX Turbo and it has a manual transmission and a lot more vacuum lines, so not everything will match. Here's what I could get:..follow the pencils....

Vacuum line out of the back of the Cruise control
Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas

Destination of that line, on a white plastic unit directly underneath the cruise unit...the cruise cable is the out of focus part near the camera.

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable Auto part

From vacuum pump to intake manifold...

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Coil Gas Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Electrical wiring Automotive wheel system

Change of pencil color - another line to intake manifold:

Motor vehicle Coil Finger Automotive fuel system Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive wheel system Auto part

And one more, a line which goes back to the unit beneath the cruise...this line is hard to see and is on the lower edge of the pump...

Motor vehicle Material property Auto part Electric blue Cable

Electrical wiring Gas Engineering Auto part Cable

I don't have automatic climate control, so no idea where those run.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may have to ask for photos. I have an 83 ZX Turbo and it has a manual transmission and a lot more vacuum lines, so not everything will match. Here's what I could get:..follow the pencils....

Vacuum line out of the back of the Cruise control
View attachment 111104

Destination of that line, on a white plastic unit directly underneath the cruise unit...the cruise cable is the out of focus part near the camera.

View attachment 111105

From vacuum pump to intake manifold...

View attachment 111108

View attachment 111107

Change of pencil color - another line to intake manifold:

View attachment 111113

View attachment 111110

And one more, a line which goes back to the unit beneath the cruise...this line is hard to see and is on the lower edge of the pump...

View attachment 111111

View attachment 111112

I don't have automatic climate control, so no idea where those run.
That actually helped a lot. My HVAC doesn't switch to floor when under full throttle, my cars idle adjust depending on the load, not sure if the cruise control works or not. Ever since I bypassed my inhibitor relay, it hasn't worked. So I imagine it will when I get a new relay. Thanks a lot. I'm really happy this worked!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts