ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a chevy V8 conversion and used hooker headers, part number 2147? Also, if you have was the engine installed in the old Scarab style or set back as recommended by Jags That Run? The drivers side will not drop in and I'm having to remove more parts but with zero results.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Has anyone done a chevy V8 conversion and
> used hooker headers, part number 2147? Also,
> if you have was the engine installed in the
> old Scarab style or set back as
> recommended by Jags That Run? The drivers
> side will not drop in and I'm having to
> remove more parts but with zero results.

Hi Joe,

I bought a 75 280Z with a 350 about a month or so ago. It has Hooker Headers but I don't know the part number. They are the ones that hug the block so it makes an easy fit however. I believe it was also installed by the JTR method (close to the fire wall). Are you have trouble clearing the steering shaft? Mine has about a 3/4 clearance maybe more. Are you using the JTR method or what? The only trouble I have with mine is the hood latch hits the top of the disrtibutor sometimes. What year is your Z and what kind of V8 are you putting in? A 383 Stoker is going in mine with greater than 450hp.

Chris (StrokerZ)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

Hi Joe

I've got the full length Hooker Headers in my car that uses the old scarab mounting system. First of all I dont think full length Hooker Headers will fit with the JTR setup. I think the only option is to use short or block hugger type headers. I could be wrong though. As for my car the header on the drivers side is tough to get in there as the steering shaft runs in between two of the header tubes. There is very little clearance here but they do work fine once you get them to fit in there. I dont know about the part number. You may need to raise the engine a little or remove the steering shaft and install it after the header is in.

Good Luck
Sean Boyle

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

Hi Joe

I've got the full length Hooker Headers in my car that uses the old scarab mounting system. First of all I dont think full length Hooker Headers will fit with the JTR setup. I think the only option is to use short or block hugger type headers. I could be wrong though. As for my car the header on the drivers side is tough to get in there as the steering shaft runs in between two of the header tubes. There is very little clearance here but they do work fine once you get them to fit in there. I dont know about the part number. You may need to raise the engine a little or remove the steering shaft and install it after the header is in.

Good Luck
Sean Boyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.