ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me, from experience, how much it costs to have a COMPLETE V-8 conversion done? The car is a 1976 280Z California Car.. I want a 5 or 6 spd transmission. Any info on price and / or zcar shops in Northern or central California that do V-8 conversions would be great. thank you. Jesse

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
converted my Z last summer. used JTR book.
i spent $3400. could be done for $2000 or up to the cost of a new car. I did all my labor except the tranny rebuild. a mech could easily charge for 25+ hours to do it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Jesse,
I have not personally done a V8 swap, but I own a NORDSKOG 350Z ( It is a company similar to Scarab that builts V8 Z). I am in the process of restoring it to show-quality condition, and therefore I pay close attention to what others have done to their V8 Z's. I went through Motorsport catalog and made a couple of phone calls and finally came up with the price tag of about $1880 + tax ( no engine). This includes everything I could think of. The V8 engine is very much up to your desire, the more you spend on the engine the faster your car will run ! I think it costs about $600 for a Chevy 350 in running condition ( how good ? I dont know) .Be sure to save some money for the suspension and brakes mods. Also, if you have any vacation time at work, dont plan on using it to go to anywhere, you will need it ( I already used up mine last month to work on the interior of my Z)
Good luck.
Huy 260Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
A Z shop here in Idaho that has done several conversions charges $3500 + and you supply the motor and tranny. He does a good job and stands behind his work.
Rob,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.