ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to tear apart the front and rear end control arms to repalce the bushings. I've purchased urethane bushings from MSA. The question is: I heard talk about squeaking after installation, but this can be eliminated with some lube. If this is true any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine have been on over a year and haven't squeaked yet, but no lube is going to last forever. I think it'll happen eventually.

Dave

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
mine have squeaked from day one. they were tight going back onto the crossmember. maybe that is why who knows. Replaced the stock bushing to quiet down the front end. it is still noisy not as bad though. next up is the tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and a good alignment.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i'm redoing all of my bushings also (on my 280zxt)...but i havent gotten to the control arms yet....i was told when i purchased them (by the dealer) that the colored ones might squeak but the black ones would not....i've just done both stabilizer bars and the front tensioning bars (so far)....(w/black ones)....no squeaks.........s

·
Registered
231 Posts
The kit you are buying should come with grease...if not go out and buy some and lubricate the bushings and sleeves prior to installation. That should help with sqeaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.