ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has used Miata seats? I'm in the process of adding a cage w/ side rails, and I'm wanting some more comfortable seats. I would rather not buy racing seats, so if anyone has had any experinace adding other make seats, please respond.

Chris

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Miata seats are widely used. May have to do some minor fabricating to get them to mount, but if you can add a cage, etc., you will have no problem.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi.
Pontiac Fiero seats work very well. And they fit. Have fun. shane-

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yep..I have em.

I have em in my 72.

They were not too bad to mount.....just drilled some new holes in the original mounts on the floor. I also shortened the MIata seat rails and drilled some holes in them . No welding required. This isn't quantum physics either...pretty simple task

I used grade 8 bolts.
The seats were $75. They are the 1996 seats without the speakers. I don't like the speakers IMO.
Mine are black with blue stitching. Matches my car wonderfully. The seats are actually smaller than the original Z seats if you can believe that.

My car:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
ebay has some good seats

get ya some of them maxima leather heated puppies
that move on a motorized track

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ditto

I took the same approach as Loosetoe and fitted them straight onto the original seat mounts. The rails in the Miata (MX5 here in Oz) are substantially longer than is required so I drilled holes in the rails for the forward bolts, matching holes in the mounts and hooked it up without too many dramas. It took about an hour and they're very comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.