ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the drivers side halfshaft locks in to place fine but the other side would require the shaft to be 2"inches longer in order to lock the shaft in place. It could be done by a machine shop but would requre to use a custom shaft from the spline and instead of using cv joints you would probably have to have big U joints made. So I got my money back and am now looking for a lsd from a 87-89 turbo. Just thought I would spread this info just incase somebody here runs into one. O yeh there is an LSD on ebay right now with 1or2 days left if anybody is looking for one im going to wait a little while to get one. later guys

·
Registered
880 Posts
is the vlsd out of a shiro? wanna sell it?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I think a couple people told you that...If you are running a VLSD, you need SS halfshalfs that will fit it. These are very hard to come by and very $$$$...morale of the story; if you're getting a VLSD, make sure you get the shafts too...

·
Registered
880 Posts
victoria british has these half shafts for 90 bucks a piece with a 40 dollar core charge.. obviously you have no cores.. so figure 260bucks for brand spankin new axle shafts.. i dont consider that bad considering what you are getting.. honestly i cant believe vic brit sells these for the ss... check page 88-89.. not sure how old that catalog is though.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i sure havnt, havnt had the need to. I just noticed them in the catalog.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
what are the chances of me breaking those on my SS? I mean do they eventually wear out? thats scary if they are so rare.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh I called victoria british and they told me they do not have them you have to send the old shiro ones in to be rebuilt and they have to be rebuildable, so yeh if you broke them bad enough you would be out of luck. I do believe nissan is no longer available. The VLSD is on ebay right now. The guy gave me my money back and he is selling it on ebay the rear end felt like it was in good shape, I just did not have the shaft. The price is $375 buy it now.

Post Edited (Apr 12, 10:16pm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.