ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since posting my initial situation with being sent a Thrush instead of Dynomax muffler with the system I ordered from Motorsport Auto, the situation seems to be resolved. Sam from Motorsport has graciously agreed to replace the Thrush with a Dynomax (the Thrush is on its way back even as I write these words).

I appreciate all the words of warning concerning the possible nightmare that might ensue when I attempt to install this system. I too remember a similar nightmare from my youth concerning the installation of a Monza exhaust system on my then only 6 month old, 1979 MG Midget (I just kind of gave away my age, didn't I)!

Well, I've decided to forge ahead and attempt the Motorsport Auto Exhaust System installation anyway! I'll report back to you all as soon as I get it installed (or give up).

Pray for me.

I'm afraid...very afraid,

John

·
Registered
266 Posts
john,

actually the installation of the motorsport exhaust system (i believe you are referring to the 2.5 turbo system) is really not that difficult to install. if you are required by state law to install a cat then it may get tricky.....this is the way i did it: collector, straight section, diag. section, s-section, muffler/tip, and mig welded the joints....even used the hangers that came with it! if you have to install a cat, i recommend that you assemble it on the car first, then cut and weld the cat in place....oh, and the thrusher sounds and works GREAT! have fun!!!!

Vlad

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
>I installed the 2.5 system on my 240 with no problem. It has the Dyno muffler and sounds great. A lot of my friends are thinking about the same system when the need arises because it sounds so good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.