ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake bleeding saga continues. I changed my sequence to LR, RR, RF, LF, ABS Front, ABS Rear. The gurgling at the ABS unit continues, there is no air coming from any point. Now I can see air bubbles moving through the two lower plastic "legs" of the master cylinder reservoir and there is a gurgling sound of air moving through the master cylinder.

The MC was NOT bench bled before reinstallation. The piston was still full of fluid and I skipped it under the assumption that it would just require a little more bleeding, since the piston chamber was full of fluid to start with.

So I think my MC is bad, unless bench bleeding now would be the answer. An interesting caveat to this is that the bolts that attach the 2 brake lines into the MC are totally jacked up and will probably not survive another Vice Grips removal and reinsertion. Ahhhhhh!

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Did you remove and remount the calipers for any reason?

If so are you sure you put them back so that the bleed screw is at the top? If it is at the bottom you will not be able to bleed them fully...

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You may have a fitting that's still loose that's bring air into the system.

Did you mount the calipers on the correct side? If the calipers are mounted on the wrong side the bleeder port will be on the bottom instead of the top and you'll never get the system bleed properly.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys - the rear calipers are mounted upside down! I'll go switch them, re-bleed and them come back and give a report.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I switched the rear calipers and re-bled. A ton of air came out of the rears, the gurgling sound in the ABS unit went away as well as the visible air bubbles in the MC. The pedal holds strong pressure. I'll go back over them tomorrow to get all the little bubbles out, but it looks like that was the ticket. Thanks fellas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.