ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what about all the other heads that are not so common like the n33 and the p80 and such?

what about those eh?

jesse75z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
N33 and P80 heads?

The N33 and P80 heads are not used in performance because they are rare. I have never seen one in my 10 years of Z-Car dealings. I have scoured wrecking yards and have never seen either. Jim Wolf claims that they came on the 260Z and 280ZX, respectively. However, I wonder if those were found on European and Japanese models. Does anyone have any more info on these?

Ian

> what about all the other heads that are not
> so common like the n33 and the p80 and such?

> what about those eh?

> jesse75z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
Re: N33 and P80 heads?

I thought they came off of Maximas I saw what must of been the N33 head. It looked like it had realy small chambers. I believ this was the L24 fuel injected motor that had this head

> The N33 and P80 heads are not used in
> performance because they are rare. I have
> never seen one in my 10 years of Z-Car
> dealings. I have scoured wrecking yards and
> have never seen either. Jim Wolf claims that
> they came on the 260Z and 280ZX,
> respectively. However, I wonder if those
> were found on European and Japanese models.
> Does anyone have any more info on these?

> Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Re: N33 and P80 heads?

If that's true, then it's my loss for not paying attention to Maxima's. If it has small chambers, then maybe it would be good for use on injected L28's. That w/flattop pistons would yield high compression. Hmmmmm...

Ian

> I thought they came off of Maximas I saw
> what must of been the N33 head. It looked
> like it had realy small chambers. I believ
> this was the L24 fuel injected motor that
> had this head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: N33 and P80 heads?

> If that's true, then it's my loss for not
> paying attention to Maxima's. If it has
> small chambers, then maybe it would be good
> for use on injected L28's. That w/flattop
> pistons would yield high compression.
> Hmmmmm...

> Ian

Hey I have an N-33 Intake manifold but an E-88 engine my mecanic said my engine was probably orgininally a N-33 because it was one of the last 5000 made for the 240 because i have a late model 240Z. He said, My mechanic who has owned a dozen or more Z said the N-33 has slightly larger Cambers but the pistons that came with them had a little more size so it balanced out.

Dustin Morris
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top