ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 260 and have always thought that the wiper motor is underpowered, not just compared to new cars, but even to something as old as a 79. I have never heard anyone alse complain about this, however. The alternator is new, can't vouch for the wiring though. I need to know because,as many of you are probably aware,a new motor runs almost $400 and I would feel pretty stupid if I spent money on one and it didn't improve the situation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should you need another wiper motor, for heavens sake don't buy a new one!!! Talk to All Z East or someone who can get you a used one out of a parts yard. Also, try a little rain-X on the windshield. This reduces the amount of drag betweeen the blade and the glass.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 71z that has a slow motor also, I even got another one a a yard at it is also slow, I think Steve is on the right track though with some rain-x
save your money and use it on something else for the Z
my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
you may not need a new motor. I have a 71 240Z and my wiper blades were also going very slow.....until I removed the cowl, and greased all the mechanical joints. a 100% improvement. the rain X sounds good to.
good luck
Ernie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard that jumpering a ground from the motor to the body helps. Haven't tried it yet though.

BTW Courtesy-Nissan has the new wiper motors for a lot less than that. The quote for my 73 was something like $150. I plan to buy one before next winter (or if the rain keeps up now) to hopefully get the intermittent working.

-Trevor
http://www.geocities.com/~z-car

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've replace my motor from a salvage yard, lubed the linkage and tried rain-x (which I don't like, as it wears off it causes the windows to fog in splotches) and had no success. I quite driving in the rain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.