ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> How do I unclog the fuel injectors?

Three basic approaches to this, each one gets more complex and costly.

1- Run a batch of Techron fuel treatment with a tank of gas. This should clean up most minor clogs

2- REmove the injectors and soak the tips in acetone for a few hours then blow them out with a 4-6 volt source and compressed air. (Major pain in the ASS!)

3- remove the injectors and take them to a shop that has an injector cleaning and testing machine. (In Phoenix there is a NAPA on University Dr. and McClintock) They will rebuild the injectors, new pindle caps, o-rings and wire baskets plus flow test before and after and also make sure the spray pattern is good and provide you with a printout of the results. Around $100 for 6 injectors. This is SO much worth the money! 20 year old injectors need to be cleaned. My engine runs so smooth it's like glass.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> How do I unclog the fuel injectors?

Steve is right on all accounts, but here is what I did. My '78 was running a little rough so I put sone fuel injector treatment in the tank. The car ran for one more day and stopped. I parked it and drove my other car for a while. 7 months later I went to work on it. The gas treatment had stirred up some crap in the tank and clogged the injectors. I flushed the tank and cleaned it real well. Then took out each injector and used about 20lb of compressed air and a 9v battery to open them up. She is running better than before and didn't cost me a thing.
Hope this helps you out.

JN Austin TX

BTW check your gas tank for rust, dirt, or corrosion because something had to cause your injectors to clog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.