ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY OUT THERE IN Z LAND IM LOOKING FOR OTHER OWNERS OF TOTALLY INSANE N/A INLINE 6 OWNERS. EARLY IN 1998 I FINALLY GOT MY Z ENGINGE REBUILT AND PUMPED UP. MY LAST DRIVE OF 1998 SAW ME RACING AGAINST A 96-98 MUSTANG SALEEN SVT (STREET RACE) LET ME TELL YOU THAT AFTER THAT RACE THE OWNER OF THAT MUSTANG WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT A Z CAN DO. I BEAT HIM 7 TIMES IN A ROW ON THE SAME ROAD. DON'T BELIEVE ME? WELL LISTEN.. I HAVE A 30 THOU OVERBORED L28 WITH 240 RODS,FLATTOP PISTONS. THE ENTIRE BOTTOM END HAS BEEN MIRROR POLISHED AND BALANCED. TRIPLE 45MM WEBERS NISSAN COMP 1.75HEADER 21/2 EXHAUST 495LIFT 290 DUR CAM(FROM MOTORSPORT) TURBO OIL PUMP ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE PORT AND POLISH JOB ON AN N42 HEAD. IT FLOWS SO WELL I HAD TO FIND A LARGER UNISEN TO SYNC THE CARBS . THE ONE FROM MOTORSPORT AUTO DOES NOT FLOW ENOUGH AIR. 10.5 COMP 5 SPD 3.9 LOCKED DIFF LOWERED 4INCHES 16X9 REAR AND 16X7 WHEELS ALONG WITH OTHER MOTOR TRICKS THAT MY MECHANIC THE Z MASTER WON'T LET ME TELL YOU. 0-60 ABOUT 5.5SEC. QUARTER? I'LL LET YOU KNOW THIS SUMMER. THIS CAR ROCKS; STILL DON'T BELIVE ASK FOR ZR8ED AT ONTARIO Z CAR OR ELSE POST YOUR QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OOOH AND COST ABOUT 8 LARGE WHEN THE DUST CLEARED INCLUDING THE NEW CENTERFORCE II CLUTCH AFTER I FRIED THE STOCK ONE IN LESS THAN A WEEK. ZYA!

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
>Thanks for the info on the saleen maybe you were right but he sure was pissed off. to answer a few questions.. I work for a large chemical co. I'm 28... I founded Ontario Z Car.. I almost put in a turbo but decided to sell my 300 turbo doner to a friend in desperate need of a motor. I never bothered after that because I would probably really go horse power nuts and reliable turbo set ups are hard to get up here and very expensive. my motor will not get dyno tested until spring but it is estimated at over 300 horse and is guaranteed safe to 8500rpm (it sounds great at that speed!) the fastest n/a street Z up here does a 1/4 mile in 14.00 and I can beat him. lastly a n/a L28 really pisses off v8 freaks when I beat them. OH and on highway drags I took down an older Pantera, an early 90's porsche 911 and a 90's tt300zx. and as a further side note my mechanic also built 240 gt1 race car that holds the track record at Mosport for a under 3L n/a.
I welcome more comments and ideas.. thanks!

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
> Sounds like a very nice car, I am looking to
> do some suspension work on my car and
> noticed you lowered your car 4 inches. I
> haven't measured my car but four inches
> seems like a lot...How did you correct for
> bump steer?

> Thanks Chuck

Well when it comes to handling my knowledge is very limited. All I have done is chopped and reformed the springs 5 or 6 coils (can't remember) put in tokio iluminas some urethane bushings steering rack bushings and a NHL hockey puck to replace the steering rubber donut, tower braces and triangulating supports in the engine bay shed about 200 lbs in weight spoilers and a nice wing. The car handles very well as I occasionally autocross it and take it out at Mosport and Shannonville road circuts when my club rents the tracks. I have had professional drivers drive the car and they tell me the car handle fairly neutral though they recommend quicker steering add ons which I might get done this season. It isn't the best handling z around but these projects take time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.