ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Isn't the Mustang Saleen SVT supercharged? I believe it is. Anyway, Saleen hypes up that car to be the sh*t. I saw a report that was trying to verify Saleens claim on performance. Saleen said mid to low 12 in quarter and the article could only best a mid to low 13 quarter in the car. That is still pretty fast for you n/a motor. But why not include turbo's in your ULTIMATE Z's? You do 0-60 in 5.5, my old turbo Z was doing it in about 4.0 and my new motor should be sub 4.0, (3.6-3.8). Maybe we can meet on the road someday, you can tell me what the back of my car looks like. Hehehe!

· Registered
1,321 Posts
11 second n/a Z

Actually, Don Potter has claim to have built several 350+hp n/a L-28 motors and had one run in the 11's in a sub 2000lb 240z. I don't doubt the ability of his engine building techniques, he did build a 1000hp L-28 turbo detuned to a more sedate 650-700hp in race trim. He told me the unibody just couldn't take the abuse.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Re: Question for ya

Zebra, I didn't know you did impressions! Hehehe. Anyway, when I graduated with my BS I was hired as a Quality Engineering at NASA for the ISS. At the same time getting my Masters at U of H. So working full time making Bank as an engineer and paying $250/month rent+bills I had a ton of money to throw into my Z. Over $14K in the last 1.5 years. After wrecking my Z in November, I received $6500 from the insurance and bought it back for $1500 with engine and goodies mostly intact. I sunk another $3400 into the old engine and new car; race cam, bigshaft 60-1 turbo, external wastegate, custom intake manifold, raceprepped rods, new total seal rings, ARP bolts/studs, 16 gallon fuel cell, roll cage, and a few other goodies for power increase. To answer your question I am in school. I am a Ph.D. student and researcher in the college of engineering at Florida State University. And that is how I afford all that CRAP!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.