ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I bought an ACT clutch for my z about a year ago. Shortly after I needed some cash so i did an exedy clutch + cash trade to a guy via this forum. (can't remember who!) Anyways, i'm just now putting it in and turns out the pressure plate won't bolt up to my flywheel.

I searched and realized the guy probably gave me a 2+2 pressure plate.
The mounting holes seem to be a little off on each one.

Should I go get a 2+2 flywheel at the yard and have it resurfaced? Or get another pressure plate. I really don't wanna re use my old one.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you have a clutch disc and pressure plate for a 2+2, get a 2+2 fly wheel and enjoy the increased surface area and gripping. You might need to get a 2+2 collar/bearing for it also. Lets see what others say.

Rob

Post Edited (Oct 8, 2:29pm)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The EXEDY kit is 240mm. Your old clutch is 225mm. Get a flywheel from a 2+2 280Z, 280ZX Turbo, or pickup with Z24 engine, which are all 240mm. Tell 'em it's for a truck and it'll be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
6 bolts hold on the 225mm pressure plate and 9 bolts hold on the 240mm (2+2) pressure plate. How many holes do you have in the plate and how many on the pressure plate.

And don't forget, the pressure plate only goes on in one position so rotate the pressure plate until the holes and dowel pins all line up.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Is the disk larger in diameter than the old one? Does it fit on the tranny shaft splines? Are you sure this is even a nissan clutch?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, its larger than the old one.

I can't say for sure its a nissan unit, doesn't say anywhere, but it does fit on the tranny splines.

Tomorrow i'm gonna grab the whole shabang from the yard. tranny, flywheel and collar.

BTW, i appriciate everyones input.

Post Edited (Oct 8, 6:02pm)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
That looks like a Nissan pressure plate looking at the locating dowel holes just off the top of my head. That is a 240mm unit though. And just FYI, not all of the 240mm units have 9 bolts for the pressure plate, some like mine have 6 Center force had 9 the stock unit if I remember correctly had 6
but yes that does look like a Nissan unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.