ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want too know from others experience which muffler is good? A single or dual and is there one that gives me more HP, not alot of back pressure resistance, not freaking loud like you can hear a mile away, and STAINLESS STEEL so it last a long time.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i hate to say it but there is an ass load on ebay...its not like you can make a terrible muffler so me and 2 of my friends went for it and bought some...wow...they sound great to tell ya the truth...the oval shaped ones with with the tapered tips are very low and fairly quite...as for the straight through nontapered tip ones...theyre loud as **** lol mine is very loud but my friend with an mk2 (85 supra) with 2.5 inch CB is close to as loud but its lower and deeper...so ya its up to you...just dont spend alot on a part that wont make a difference at all really ya know?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I've heard good things about flowmaster and borla. Good deep tone without the rice. But if your getting a stainless muffler, be prepared to pay more. Are you turbo or Na? Turbo, you're going to want a straight through muffler.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Ive never tried any aftermarket mufflers on an N/A, but flowmaster usually sound real nice on most cars I have heard them on. It is kinda a VROOM sound, and not cracky, and stupid ricer sound. If your car sounds obnoxious, it better go obnoxious!, By the way, hope that Z is coming along good DENZEL!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a '86 300zx NON-TURBO and ya my Z is coming good just did my fuel injectors took 2 days too do almost 15 hours of labor. Only problem i have to hear is my dad whinning about its smoking but thats just common because it is a older car. And I have an dual aftermarket exhaust on it and now i want to get a new one because the stupid paint place painted my muffler now and now they owe me a new one just can't decide which one is good and long lasting with out hearing like a **** suped up civic down the road like i have now.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
magnaflow thats what i got on my/or my dads z31

·
Registered
67 Posts
too bad ur not turbo, i dont have a muffler period, or cat. just 3 inch stainless. i love the sound its deep and not too loud at low rpms, but put the pedal to the metal and heads turn, on fri and sat nights people round here cruise valley mills drive, i like to drive past people standing on the side of the road not payin attention then rev up and scare ths **** outta them, lol. i love 3 inch pipe.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
sorry I can't really see any exhaust pics...but the ricer look is like a 2" exhaust system with a 5" tip..Which is just stupid to look at/ think about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.