ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

two z's: problems galore

254 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sasnak 
#1 ·
hey all, i bought two 300zx's a couple of months ago, working on both for restoring (900$ total)

the first one 86 n/a 5spd, the problems are

1. the dash (digi) does not come on unless i rev the engine very high then it stays on fine

2. radio does not work, checked the fuse, bad, switched it with another one of the same time (horn i think) still doesn't work

second car 84 n/a auto, the problems

1. first tried to start nothing battery was dead, i switched batteries from the working car (86) into the 84 started up right away, drove around for a while left it idling in the driveway to show the next problem to someone and it shut off, wouldn't start. dead alternator? battery was good before

2. when i would take the car from park and shift into drive the back end drops about two inches, shift back to park it goes back up ???

3. next to the dash and the steering wheel there is a black box, with a switch with 3 settings, something that looks like the cover over the cabin air intake fan(the one on the roof by the cabin lights) and it has three cables going into the steering column, on the back it has a sticker that says "spectrum remote"

4. oil leak, it loses a lot of oil, drips from the front end under the engine

any help on these would be great give me all the info and help you can

Post Edited (Jul 22, 8:16pm)

See less See more
#2 ·
Car #1: sounds like the alternator is bad, remove it and go have it checked at a local parts store...

Car #2:
1) Possibly the same problem as first car

2) Sounds like your springs are old and bad, replace.

3) I'm not really sure what you are talking about...take a pic and we can help you with it.

4) Cam seals, crank seal. You're going to have to open it up to see where it's leaking.

#7 ·
on the radio 86n/a 5spd, there is also a small fuse on the back of the radio itself and you have to pull the radio out, its a small one about 3amp if I am not mistaken, that one could be the culprit instead of the fuse panel one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.