ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I am pulling out of my garage the other day, and this guy in a 350z pulls up behind me and revs his engine (whatever) so I pull out and we start heading down the road, and come to a stop. We take a left onto a 4 lane road that runs through a valley. He guns it, and I do the same. I am almost even with him all the way up to 4th. The second I shifted he started pulling, I went up to about 120, so he must have been doing 125 - 130. We pulled up to the next light and the guy asked me if I was TT, I told him no, and he said it was the fastest N/A he has ever seen. I would have thought that he would have spanked me from the start, but it was a good race. Driver error!?

Everytime that I come home I cross paths with a 93 Turbo Eclipse, the guy has obviously put some money into this car just from the looks of it. It sounds great to. Sometime we stop and talk, but usually no longer than 5 minutes. He said he has an aftermarket ecu, upgraded turbo, header, downpipe, and full exhaust system. So I finally got tired of all the talk and offered to run with him down the main street in front of my house. We head out and we both smash the accelerator, I pull at least 4 car lenghts ahead of him immediatly. We pull up to a red light and he asks if Im TTed, I tell him no, and once again I hear "That is the fastest N/A I have ever seen" So I ask him if he wants to go from the red, and he says yes. The light turned green and we both went, this time I was only walking on him, once I hit 3rd I started to run, and he dissapeared behind me from that point on.

Just thought you guys would enjoy some good clean fun.

Post Edited (Jan 18, 2:20pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
secret things eh? nice runs BTW, how fast were you when you and the 350 got on it? your NA must be pretty quick to hang with a 350/ walk a turbo eclipse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with the 350 I was at 120 before slowing down, we started the race at about 30, we had to weave through a couple cars that were in front of us at the light.

The eclipse was a different story, I pulled out onto the road first and took off, he came out second, but of course had a little lag because I was first out. Thats the only reason I took the 4 car lengths, and I get he couldnt catch up. Walking on him from the start wasnt hard at all. I think I was doing around 50-60 when I was pulling and once I hit 80 I just started pulling fast and far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No lie, there would be no point in it.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
I have driven a turbo Eclipse, there was something wrong with his car. No disrespect but, the turbo Eclipse (I drove a Talon) is a fast beast. My perfect N/A stood no chance against it. If you were TT'd I would say way to go, but I have my doubts with an N/A.

·
Registered
602 Posts
yeah i call bs too just from the eclipse part.......i had a 95 different year but same engine and it was by far the quickest take off car ive ever seen or owned it only had an intake, exhaust and ecu upgrade but it was a lightweight monster and it never was beaten on the road against anything i raced.............then a semi ate it lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those things only have about 190hp, plus there fwd. I dont know if it helped me any but he had his girlfriend in the passenger seat, thats only like maybe 100-120 pounds though. I guess there is a possibility that his boost was turned down. I really didnt ask him we only talk for like 5 minutes at a time. Sorry to make you guys think Im full of it, but thats what happened.

·
Registered
602 Posts
lol i didnt mean to sound mean or anything but with just my three mods i was hitting 280 on dyno and even when it ran crappy it was still so quick it just seems kinda strange cuz i think it was even faster than my z .....takeoff anyway i dont think my eclipse would go over 130 :p unlike my z

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I dont know what to tell you guys, The last thing I want to look like is a liar on here. I will double check with this guy and see if he really has anything done to his car other than a BOV and an exhaust. I never saw anything, I just took his word for it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
it was probably an n/a lol ive noticed in michigan that everyone with an n/a says they have a turbo cuz it is such a big difference between the two it is insane

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think so, unless he has a BOV horn like the one I saw on ebay. This thing was loud.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yea I know a guy that lives around me with had what I now know to be an N/A '99 GS Eclipse. When I first met him, I think he was a little intimidated, and he told me that his car was tubo'd, and I believed him 'cause when he drove off (pedal to the medal like a hot dog) I heard the BOV. Well turns out you can get a little electronic thing with a speaker on Ebay that makes it sound like there's a BOV under the hood. So yea, in conclusion......People are Liars.

1,096 Posts
Yes I'm to the opinion where I'm quick to call bs unless I know the person and know how relieable they are. People read magazines and watch fast and the furious and bam they have all of these expensive upgrades.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shoot I guess I got proven wrong. I am gonna get the guy to race again, this time I will take video of the engine bay, and of the race. I would really be dissapointed if he had that little electronic BOV. But what happens if I do beat him again, someone obviously cant drive, or someone is one badass driver

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
i'd say you'd take one if your car was in good shape, and the talon driver wasn't so good. I doubt he had an upgraded turbo, prolly intake/exhaust though. Since you walked him, if it was an NA then i would figure you would have beatin him a lot more.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
You have a good car. However, both of those would have and should have smashed you. The eclipse I might believe if it was a highway roll.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.