ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know that you guys dont want me to do this or anything, but its just a though. can you have a twin turbo z31? and if not how much would a bigger tubo cost and would it fit? im not saying ill do it im just wondering

·
Registered
37 Posts
you can fit the z32 twin turbo motor in the z31 with a bit of work so u should be able to fit twin turbos onto the z31 motor with a bit of work and money. but anythings possible with enough time and money i supose.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does the stock turbo put out and how much would like a 150-200hp turbo would cost?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Sure you can twin turbo it but the best turbo set ups are single turbo. Look at the high hp Supras and Z32's, they convert over to a single turbo set up becuase they can make more power that way. Not sure on the details of those set ups but before concerning yourself with if it can work you should consider if it's better or not. Also to my knowledge you can get 450hp from a single turbo set up on the Z31 engine. In my opinion thats plenty of power for a street car. With that much power you should be easy into the 11's. So again why spend the money on two turbos and a custom set up when a single turbo set up can easily get you a lot of power. I guess the only reason would be to be different but that is only good if you are into showing your car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much does a 400hp turbo cost?

·
Registered
782 Posts
For a hybrid from a good company $500-700.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You can get much much more from a single turbo setup...1sickZ has 661 whp at 20psi...

he has yet to dyno at 30psi...... :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
the only good thing about twin turbos is, in general two small turbos will spool faster than one large turbo....... but then you have to buy 2 turbos insted of one........ and 2 of everything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.