ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just converted to L28 EFI (non turbo) on my 260z. After polishing the intake manifold and re zincing all metal pipes (which looks great, but what a job) I noticed how ugly all the vacum and air intake hoses actually looked.
Question ??
Is it possible to do without the TVV setup that harnesses a couple of these unsightly hoses one for the EGR and one for the vac advance or do we actually need them for something else other than during warmup periods??
As you probably gathered this is purely for cosmetic reasons only. But any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pacey

· Registered
2,096 Posts
say butt?

hi, i just took an intake off a 80ZX and bead blasted it etc. I took the EGR off completely, i am not going to use this manifold but used it as a tester. I am going to plug the hole for the EGR with an alluminum plate. on my 78, i already removed the BPT valve and the EGR was already plugged up, so it runs without that stuff. I think the thermal vaccum valve is useless also since it was for the EGR system (im 90%sure on that), so I think that can be removed, its ugly and has coolant lines to it and vaccum lines. What year car did you take your FI from?

What do you mean by rezincing your pipes? are you talking about the throttle linkage and the fuel rail? i was going to take em off and bead blast em. it makes em look dead sexy, but i dont know how long it will last after that without protection.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure the TVVs are used only for warm up. Unfortunately, In my country (Australia) if the model came out with EGR ('81 model) then we still must continue to use them according to our Environmental Protection Laws.

The pipes I am cadmiuming (zinc) are all fuel rail pipes and all linkages. I would assume that if you were to bead blast pipes,e tc, you would still have to protect them against rusting in some manner and i'm pretty sure that nissan did zinc the stuff originally.
Thanks for your reply
Pacey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.