Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure before, but now there is no doubt

just cruising and idleing and useing engine brakes there is a thick cloud of white-blueish smoke behind my car

motor still has 100% power, there's no doubt in my mind it's my turbo

time to pull it and swap it with my spare.....

these things go from bad to worse pretty quick, eh?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Well if the car still has 100% power, then your turbo is spooling up, delivering boost, right? Obviously if the turbo is working right, then it's not dead.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well not DEAD no... but it's still done...... at this rate I will go through a liter of oil every 10 mins of driving!

·
Registered
492 Posts
yeah mine did that....PARK IT NOW....DONT TRY TO DRIVE IT...i did ..ended up having to get a new engine (just getting it off the interstate "4-5" miles)........the seal for the turbine (on the intake side) is going out.....mine had hydraulic lifters....but it will screw up any of 'em........s

·
Registered
92 Posts
How do you know if your turbo is bad or not? I looked inside of it and found no oil leaks, did not smell like oil either, Shaft was good. (not loose). The car remains with power.

·
Registered
492 Posts
loss of boost (but but you can have plenty of boost and it still be bad)....losing oil before the throttle body (there will be oil in your intake tube)or after the turbo but not in the manifold....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.