ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what i would need, I have a 72 240Z witht he stock L24, I want to upgrade with a custom turbo, need to find out where i can get a manifold and what head would work well with the stock block. please help,

Thanks Russ

·
Registered
430 Posts
please check the archives. mucho information about turbos. most buy a turbo 280ZX and swap in everything to the 240Z. that's the easiest/cheapest/most effective way to do it. that's what i'm in the process of doing myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but i want to still use the L24 motor, just wanted to see if there was a turbo manifold that would bolt up to a E88 head and would accept a T3/T4 turbonetics turbo............

·
Registered
430 Posts
stock turbo manifold from 81-83 ZXT should bolt up. other than that, you will have to build a custom exhaust manifold. your compression with a stock L24 will be around 9:1, so you won't be able to run much boost. good luck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The exhaust ports on the turbo heads are square, are the ports on the E88 round or square? I would suggest getting a turbo head P90, it has the heart shaped squish chambers that help avoid pinging and the cc's to lower compression so you can run more boost. I don't know if that head will work with the l24 block though.

Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks so far i am looking into the details you have given me, if anyone else knows please feel free to tell me

thanks Russ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: US Carbs

To change my flat top carbs on my 1972 240Z, I acquired from ZTherapy 2 US Carbs, but they came with a fire hazard disclaimer because according to ZTherapy they easily catch on fire. I want to know how serious is that and ways to avoid the fire/explosion of the engine hazard. Should I Change to Weber or Mikunis?

laog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.