ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...yes I'm still having the same problem only because I have not done anything to fix it yet as I still don't know what it could be. Just to sum things up...when I'm coming up to a light or have to slow down, I switch the gears to neutral (I don't down gear) and the tach would sometimes go all the way to zero killing the engine. It won't just drop to zero, it would go close to zero, go back up, go back down then eventually die. I've been having to gas it up a little at times because I hate having to re-start while rolling. Re-starting the car is not an issue as it always would fire up. Then there's the days it would not do it and would idle just fine. I've read a little about a coil going bad?...would that also affect a turbo? Remember my 83zx is a turbo. Thanks for any help.

PS. all vac hoses are fine as far as I can see.

ratedZ

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: I forgot to mention...

True, mine doesn't have dashpot either. What does control idle is the vac module thru the AAC. I'd check to see if you're getting any vac signal thru to the AAC and maybe try running with it disconnected to see if anything changes. If its a hit and miss, that will make things much more difficult to diagnose...
-zakaron

·
Registered
4,034 Posts

Vacumn leak I think. I had a friend with RX-7 turbo II and he had a blow off valve that leaked and the symptom was same as yours.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts

It wouldn't hurt to clean the throttle body. Lots of carbon deposits dropped there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.