ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the 2 engines aside from the obvious turbo and lack there of. do they have the same internals, whats the 2 comp. ratios and i know they have different injectors but what else on the engine is diff?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I believe the NA is around 9.5:1 and the turbo is around 8.5:1.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Different exhaust manifolds (of course), larger injectors, different heads (hence the lower compression), has an A.A.C. controller and air control valve while the N/A has an idle control valve, different flywheel if i am not mistaken (not absolutely sure), and more crap to go wrong...lol.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
pistons are dished in the turbo models.

·
Registered
958 Posts
could you put turbo pistons in a NA engine? would they fit, and if they did would they then match compression ratio's?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yes you could put them in...but why would you want to? Lower compression = lower HP. No the ratio's would be different, the turbo pistons are dished, meaning less compression.

·
Registered
18 Posts
umm actually the compresion ratio is 9.0:1 for n/a and 7.8:1 for turbo..

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
WOW! You people are clueless. Doesn't anyone read any more?

Doesn't anyone search any more?

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=2&i=60064&t=59993

If you don't have a clue (which is pretty obvious here), don't answer, post, awee.... **** with it. read my sig.

Shut your pie hole.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey, Man...

Got that remaining balance due yet for that intercooler? I know you were asking about what goodies to buy for a tune-up, but I'm counting on getting some funds together myself...for bills though.

Brian

·
Registered
782 Posts
hahha az cracks me up, anyway in my opinion yeh more compression is more power but I dont like taking a turbo engine over the 8.5:1 mark thats where my compression is at, but im sure there would be no problems with 9.1 ratio but if your building a motor to run 20psi race gas can get expensive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
what is the matter with you guys? everyone is wrong...what the ****... the heads aren't what makes the compression different..the pistons are what does it...this is just pissing me off nevermind

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well **** I guess i'm a dumbass. That settles it. Someone had told me it was the heads, I guess he was wrong therefore making ME wrong. Well now I just feel stupid....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.