ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for a turbo upgrade for an 83?

I'm considering selling my Supra for a 280ZXT but will only do so if I can find enough perf. parts for the Z to at least bring it over 350 hp. Can't seem to find too much performance-wise for it, HKS only does the basics.

-Thanks,
-Kevin B

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
It's easy to go 350+HP on the turbo motor, get an intercooler, pump up the PSI, get larger injectors,diff fuel management, larger turbos ECT.. the list goes on... DO YOU GOT THE DOUGH THOUGH is the real question! get used to visiying the junk yards, check the archives for turbo... good luck with the Z a FUN car as is stock even with 5PSI of boost.;-)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
stock is 8 right? my turbo goes up past the red line and if I can find a intercooler I want to make it 14 PSI any one have one for sale?

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
NOT 8&14PSI

Hi.

Not 8PSI. Sorry, it is just not so. Stock gauge is configured funny, and very unreliable. Stock turbo will pump out somewhere from 4 to 6 PSI depending on its condition. Sorry, but it is true.

14 PSI on stock everything plus cooler? Well, it is possible but...

1. Stock turbo will spool but WILL NOT produce any extra power after 12PSI. Kinda no point overspin it.

2. You would have to get rid of pop-off valve. It will blead anything above 9PSI in the air.
3. Fuel pump upgrade is very desirable (Thou not necesary)
4. You will need some kind of boost controller to race boost. Manual or electronic no matter. Mannual will run you ~100$, elecronic ~300-500$. But of cource electronic has bunch of nice features.

That is about it. Ohhh yea. It is really not hard to make 350HP ZXT+A+HANDLING

Eugene '83ZXT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.