Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Options:

Rebuild bad turbo locally ( In Houston there are a couple of shops that do this but where are they?)

Buy a rebuilt turbo on-line: Blaastperformance seems to be a good deal.

Buy new and pay twice the above for rebuilt.

I'm not a mechanic so I don't know why the turbocharager is bad, won't spool up and leaks oil into engine very badly - thick blue white smoke.

Ed & Jeanne's Zelda

1981 280 ZXT

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Well, Im not a mechanic either....but...Ive heard that Turbos havent got a history of long lifes. If that is true, you'd be better off buying a new one, Ed. If not....I think Id go with a rebuilt one.

Staying away from Zel...right? :eek:)

'There are no speed limits on the road to excellence.'

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welllll - sitting in her and whimpering doesn't count. No I am not starting her.

Getting info to get her fixed and maybe the money too. Long story.

Ed & Jeanne's Zelda
1981 280 ZXT

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I undestand...believe me..I understand! I KNOW how these Zel's can be..and how costly too. But when you get in them, and drive them...ohhhhhhh...its worth it! Zel's countin' on ya, Ed! :eek:)

Elaine and Zel~

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Turbos last, its not a R&R every year deal unless you have a filthy oiling system bad service habbits. I beat the piss out of my turbo cars and generally don't go out of my way to protect the turbos and still almost never have a failure. I do alot of turbo rebuilds and see all sorts of failure If you have a local builder I am sure he can take care of a over hall. If not gimmy me a call or E-mail I do some builds for the Zcommers and generally won't tax you for a core if yours is totally shot. Good luck.

Alex C
Horsepower Sales
305-969-1895

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.