ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a local z-car person who works at the z-car salvage yard the other day. he is kind of a jerk. Anyways, he has a stock bottom end turbo block, N42 head, chevy valves (SS), and Stock Turbo ignition and fuel setup. He also has the MSA aftermarket ZX Intercooler and a t-04 turbo? I am not sure on the turbo. It is off a Grand National I believe, late 80's Buick car. Anyways, after refitting a different flange to the turbo, (the turbo was $50 in good shape from the local u-pull-it), he has taken it out to the drags. It is not bad, running mid-13's. He says it has 275 at the rear wheels, although never dyno'd! I don't care for him, so I try not to argue and question too much. My question: Does anyone know what exactly that turbo may be? Is it really a t-04? Any idea on trim or anything else. He says all the t-04 turbos are the same, same eff. and power output and lag. He had no idea what trim meant, as well as A/R. Maybe this is a cheaper alternative for a start at turboing? Any comments great ly appreciated.
Joshua L.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.