Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of questions:

What radiator is recommended when doing a 280zxt conversion into a 240Z. Looked through the archives and saw that 280zxt rad can be installed but that it hangs low...Not sure this is risk I want to take. Any ideas without blowing the bank account.

Is it necessary to change the fuel tank from the stock 240z and if so which tank is required and how difficult is it. Concerned about all the vent hoses etc.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i used the stock 240z tank...i just unscrewed the drain plug and put in a 3/8 treaded elbow...then i monted the zxt fuel pump up on the bottom of the body...worked nice...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You can use your stock radiator, a MSA 4 row, or possibly a late model Camaro radiator. If you check out www.hybridz.org, they will know more about the radiator swap.

You can follow BIGJIM's lead on the fuel tank mod for fuel injection, but I've heard some folks have trouble with surging, where the fuel sloshes out of the pickup in turns or acceleration. You will probably also have to run a return line from the fuel pressure regulator to the 240 tank. The tank from the '75 Z should fit -- it has baffles to prevent the surging and it has a return line already plumbed. I can't see this install being much trouble.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use a 280Z 3 row radiator. They are cheap, mine was $189 and my car runs relatively cool, but when it is really hot outside 85 degrees+, she runs a little hot. She might not be running hot, because I am going by my 240Z guage but I have a 280ZXT engine in my car. So the 280ZXT engine might run hotter than the 240Z which would make it perfectly normal for my temp guage to read an 1/8" past center.

I used a 280Z tank for my swap because of all the reasons that SleeperZ mentioned. My 76 tank bolted right into my 240Z and I think I had to also change the vent tank inside the car as well, but no big deal.

Chas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.