Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is how the turbo will sit, I am considering a Gt30R, or gt3561
the wastgate will sit behind the turbo. I have to pull the motor to finish the bends, then the manifolds, and "secret special z31 turbo part" is being ceramic coated. This will keep under hood temps down quite a bit, and hold ALL the heat in the maifolds where it belongs. Keep watching.. Z-ya

Post Edited (Jul 1, 1:53pm)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I would reconsider that location and maybe move it to the other side. You don't really want a hot turbo sitting right under the throttle body of the pathy plenum, do you?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bum, Not using the Pathy with this set-up. I am constructing a short runner box-type sheet metal intake that will have the throttle body on the side or may come right into the front, not sure. Not only that, but all of the hot parts, turbine housing, all manifolds are being ceramic coated. It is neat shist. The car can be running and hardly ANY heat escapes. and 5 miniute after you shut off the car, you can almost touch the manifolds!

Post Edited (Jul 2, 7:58am)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like Bums idea of putting it on the other side, aside from the power steering pump there isn't much to get in your way. And if you are going to have A/C you would probobly have more room. But the real reason I like it is that you can run the intake out and into an intercooler without having to back track...In one side and out the other, directly into the manifold.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It would be a couple of months before I could start to design the intake, but it was basically going to be a box of sheet metal. I was trying to figure a way to get the air to flow inside the plenum smoothly, but have been unsucessful. Let me know if you have any ideas or if you get one done before me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.