ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the final lap!! This is going to be Bitchin. Can you see what going on here. That bracket uses the A/C mount holes, and supports the turbo with ease!!! Next is the 3" down pipe, and then the manifold/ wastgate section. What do you think?? IT IS ON A MOCK UP MOTOR!

All the pipes will fit Very tightly together

Everypart of this was fab, even the bolt mounts were made.

I like the triangular shape, turbo clears by 3 mm! PERFECT!!

The turbo is cocked slightly to the right, and back to aid in clearance.

Nice straight exit out through a stainless 3 '' downpipe

box of parts

My blow off valve, installed under front cover

the 3'' down pipe will be finished tomorrow night

Post Edited (Aug 16, 7:19am)

·
Registered
257 Posts
How many lbs you gonna push throught that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW that vg lookes mint.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Author: Mike 87T
Date: Aug 16, 6:04am

your joking right??

Dont know what you mean, but.. no not joking. That little bracket is made of stainless, and is VERY strong and is completly ridgid. You could hang from it!

Post Edited (Aug 16, 12:00pm)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I think he said you're joking because the other guy said thats a mint VG30 :)
thats probably just a test engine so hybrid can check the fit of his parts on there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HA HA ya i was just joking did not mean to mess
with anyone 88hybrid is the man

Post Edited (Aug 16, 10:06am)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks cool!!! Now, I'm sorry if you already explained this... but what's the point of relocating the turbo? Is it clearance issues, or do you just want to minimize the lag?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
built this:

That required lowering the motor. After the motor was lowered the large T4:

Would'nt fit between the frame-rail, and the motor. Plus I am installing an External wastgate:

and I wanted all 6 cylinder pulses to go thru the gate. Alot of people have added an external gate to there cars, but only use 3 cylinder pulses. here is a pic of a common area to utilize a WG on.

While that is "OK" to do, and looks nice (that is jonnzboy's engine from z31.com and it is a Very beautiful car) I wanted to make sure I was getting all 6. A long story short, fitment of all the componants, made it nessessary.

Post Edited (Aug 16, 2:40pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to sell all the componants together for a package price ultimately. Each peice has been built, with the other in mind. Even the tilt of the turbo was specific. Power power possibilites are very high. and a number of turbos could be used. Ill post a thread to see if there would be enough people for a "group buy".After the Z completed and I trust that the parts perform well, I could start the process.... never thought of that. It also depends on how much of a bitch this is to make. Mt turbo will move about 44 lbs of air roughly 440 hp. The exhast is where the majic is compared to a t3-t4. The true t-4 turbine will have no backpressure, as compared to even a modified t-3 turbine. I am building this engine with the BEST possible airflow into it, and out of it. That will make a ton of power in itself.

Post Edited (Aug 17, 8:59am)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will let everybody know about the performance of my turbo. Specs .84 t-4 turbine housing an "O" trim turbine wheel. and a to4e 50 trim compressor wheel. 44mm Tial WG. These I feel will make this vg30 come alive!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.