ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for all the help so far from those on this sight....so i figured id have my turbo rebuilt like umm modifying my stock turbo to a t3/t4 hybrid...so does anyone know any reliable place to send it too and a good cost estimate? also im looking for some modified camshafts...i heard they were avail also for the VG30ET....and last but not least what pistons can i purchase for the VG30ET bore to a 3.3 liter engine?

1981 nissan 200sx 262000 miles and still runnin

1986 nissan 300zx NA... turbo swap in progress!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Re: Turbo Rebuilds....Piston Upgrades....and modified camshaft p

you can buy camshaft at zcarparts.com note that you have to get the ones fr the turbo engine as the n/a's are different, and pistons i am sure somebody can help you out with that.

·
Registered
185 Posts

I would just buy a new t3/t4 instead of getting the stocker rebuilt. heres some good sites for turbos:

www.phoenixturbo.com
www.vecco.net

You cannot bore the block to 3.3, Vg30Dett Rods (stock & aftermarket) fit the vg30et block with no modification. VG30Dett Pistons also will fit if used with Vg30dett rods but the compression rated for the tt pistons will be slightly lower if put in a vg30et because of the different sized combustion chamber. If your looking for modest power best place to get them is msa schneider regrinds cams for them at a very good price

·
Registered
107 Posts

check out http://z31.com/cams.shtml for camshaft stuff... i know for a fact the motorsport auto cams are still made, and i've heard that they're some of the better ones you can find out there.. but that's just hearsay, does anyone have experience with these cams?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

im thinkin these are the camshafts you guy write about?

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-2023&Category_Code=PEM01

im not sure but im thinkin these maybe them

Steve Z31....MSA Schnieder is the name of the place? o

88Hybrid i hope to be like u one day :) can Mr O Connell modify the stock turbo or is it just better to buy a T3/T4?

to all.... i just want a Z between 250 to 300 horses nothin fancy but something a guy can enjoy his T Tops at 120 MPH or so on a sunday afternoon

i wanna be up and runnin ASAP...i know all this takes time but i wanna get out of my 200sx (its next for a rebuild) and into my Z

thanks again all

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

He can do what ever you want, I had my stocker modified with screwed in thrust bearings, and a much larger compressor wheel. It was a nice increase from stock. Even at stock boost levels the car had stronger pull.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Sorry I forgot the comma in my paragraph above I ment The Cams that Motorsport Auto sells are reground by schneider

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks 88hybrid,SteveZ31

thats my issue...see i dont know what i want cause this is my first time tackling a project like this...i didnt want to spend too much time and money on the project...but i do want it to be something....id be the first in my family to attempt a rebuild of any sort....there are 3 Zs in my family one belongs to uncle 84 auto with t tops the other to my pops 84 with 302 5.0 mustang engine conversion...and of course mine which was an NA till i bent the valves and decided to got turbo swap with it...so im guessing here that i just go with a camshaft modification...order the cams and take the heads to the machine shop....im assuming they will need the new camshafts before performing the work required. and i guess with the turbo id talk to him about improving on the stock turbo to get better results from the engine....oh ummmm whats this i hear about metal headgasket being better for the turbo engine? are those available from nissan motorsport also?

·
Registered
185 Posts

Nissan OEM headgaskets will do fine I boosted 20PSI on them for awhile with no problems

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

SteveZ31...... how the hec you get 440HP/495Ft-LB of torque from a stock block?...that is some wicked S*** right there....****!!!!!! that is the VG30ET block right?

·
Registered
353 Posts

the bottom end of the vg block is almost indestructible if it is in good working order and you dont detonate.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Stock Block is good till about 450HP How did I get that much power? alot of time on the dyno and alot of tuning with the Wideband and romulator

·
Registered
185 Posts

Oh and when I say stock Block I mean 100% stock un touched and yes it was a VG30ET

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.