ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 82 non turbo. Which is better if I want aftermarket turbo? replace the entire engine with 2.8 turbo then replace the turbo. Or can I just put an aftermarket on mine. what are the advantages of either? thanks for the info.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There has been alot of ?'s on this topic. I am currently looking to doing this swap soon.I have always heard that getting a whole turbo motor , Harness, computer downpipe, clutch, flywheel.just about everything. That is the best way to go. Good luck and I will let every one know how I am doing on my progress.LaterZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
heres your answer

i got your answer and its quite short too.... it all depends on how much money you want to spend. although i dont know how the durability dif. between the motor you thinking about swapping and yours because of recent tech. a new turbo would be much more effecient that what would come on the motor youd swap. id go with a new turbo just becuase you can costome your set up for your sepcific needs get an external waistgate dsbc bov etc etc and have it all set up exactly to your specs instead of hafting to work around an existing turbo... maybe im off base and didnt read your question right but if that helps there ya go

later
dan

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know that much about after market turbo's but from what I have heard they can get quite expensive. Right now I am rebuilding my 83 L28ET and I figure when I am done, the whole job will have cost me just under two grand, I don't know if that is cheap or expensive but I am getting alot of the work done on it from some of the other departments at my school. Oh yeah that 2 grand includes buying the engine and 5 speed tranny that went with it, I found this guy in the paper that was going to make a muscle car out of his Z but ended up just leaving everything in a field dissasembled. The engine was complete and so was the tranny he wanted $200 for both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.