ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing my motor today I found that the intake had gotten filled with water when I got all of it out I did a compression check. 110psi 1st cylinder 150psi 2-5 and 130psi 6th. These were the two that the water probably spent the most time in. On a post further down they mentioned the 1mm HKS head gasket would increase the compression a little how much I was looking around 8:1 to increase the low end torque alittle. I will leave the boost alone for now can't afford to do anything to it right now. Later I will get an bell intercooler and do alittle with the boost not much. My 75 has just about enough power for me so the turbo should be real nice. To replace bearings, rings, gaskets, oil pump, and timing chain from VB it is 380 I have heard some bad stuff and some good stuff about VB is this a good place to get this stuff. Also where would I get the HKS head gasket. Any other good places to get theses parts. I'm also going to get a 3 angle head job done. My Dad knows a guy at an engine machine shop so we can get that done good too. The car has 166,000 miles on it and it is a little project car. Changing the interior out and getting the exterior fixed up nice. My dad knows alot about rebuilding motors I know alot about Datsun motors so we can figure out most suggestions. We have a shop with air tools and engine lifts and many odd tools that I havn't even seen or heard of yet. Thanks for all the help. Sam 75 280z, 81 280zxt

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wouldn't go with VB!

I've never seen any low prices in VB at all. In fact I would venture to say you could find anything for cheaper than they sell it, just by searching around a bit. Advance auto or Autozone should be able to get the rebuild kit for far less than that. The only places I know that you can find the HKS gasket are Motorsport Auto and NOPI, though I am sure there are plenty other places out there. It should only cost you around $100 for the HKS and no more than $150 for a rebuild kit. If that figure seems low, someone correct me, but thats what I think I payed for mine. Hope that helps.
Tony Rohn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.