ZCar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been a while huh?

Yep, started a new job. Gotta fund the z car shenanigans somehow am I right? Ha. Anyways I've been looking around and seen that there are pretty much no turbo manifolds around unless I want to order a custom one. This is just and idea, but what if I could cut the stock N/A flange and weld a T3 exhaust flange onto it? Anybody done it before? and if they did, what were their results? sorry for the questions, just can't find the thread on here yet. When I do, ill take this post down. Thanks for all the help

Zell

·
Registered
260 Posts
I haven’t seen anyone do it but it should be possible. It would put the turbo pretty low, but I guess you would need to shorten up the Y section and weld in a flange like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hello all, been a while huh?

Yep, started a new job. Gotta fund the z car shenanigans somehow am I right? Ha. Anyways I've been looking around and seen that there are pretty much no turbo manifolds around unless I want to order a custom one. This is just and idea, but what if I could cut the stock N/A flange and weld a T3 exhaust flange onto it? Anybody done it before? and if they did, what were their results? sorry for the questions, just can't find the thread on here yet. When I do, ill take this post down. Thanks for all the help

Zell
have you checked around to your local salvage yards? you just might find what you are looking for

Bon

·
Registered
240 Posts
Why don't you just buy this?

Reactions: bonfire79

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@cooprdog I’ve got an internally wastegated spooly boi. Don’t see how i can plug that external wastegate pipe ooff or why put a 2nd wastegate on there ya know what I’m saying? Unless they have versions without the external wastegate pipe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@borini63

Not quite. I’m talking about the manifold. The N/A manifold has different flange compared to the turbo manifold for the 280zx. I was wondering if I could weld a T3 flange onto the manifold so that the turbo can bolt on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I’ve always heard that welding cast iron is tricky and probably so is welding steel to cast so it may depend on who is welding it.

If you can do it, you might need to make sure the steering won’t be in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts