ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to intercool my 83ZXT and wondered how to place the cooler. If it goes in front of the rad, how do you pipe it without removing the a/c lines? They look like they would interfere with the straight thru install. I look at a Volvo 740 and a Saab intercooler that measured 23 x 15 with 2 1/2 inlet and outlet on opposing sides of the intercooler. Looks like it might fit but I don't know if anyone has done this. Can't find a Starion, but a Conquest TSI is about the same car isn't it? What is the difference and how are they laid out in terms of inlet/outlet and what x what? The two I found are $75 and $50 each.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I want to intercool my 83ZXT and wondered
> how to place the cooler. If it goes in front
> of the rad, how do you pipe it without
> removing the a/c lines? They look like they
> would interfere with the straight thru
> install. I look at a Volvo 740 and a Saab
> intercooler that measured 23 x
> 15 with 2 1/2 inlet and outlet on
> opposing sides of the intercooler. Looks
> like it might fit but I don't know if anyone
> has done this. Can't find a Starion, but a
> Conquest TSI is about the same car isn't it?
> What is the difference and how are they laid
> out in terms of inlet/outlet and what x
> what? The two I found are $75 and $50 each.

I own a Starion, and the intercooler will fit with a little fabrication. The conquest Tsi is a different car. You see it says Chrysler on the back and a pentastar on the hood. That's it. Everything between those two items are mechanically the same (there are some differences but none relate to the Z, unless you want to install the sunroof off a conquest). Your best bet is to find a conquest or starion about '87-'89. Those years offered the biggest intercoolers. Ill go outside and measure the actual size and in/out diameter tomorrow and post it. Good luck. JN

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wona see myne?

> JN is right.

> Take a look how myne is setup.

> Eugene '83ZXT
That looks pretty trick, but would I have to remove the a/c lines to get one to pass through the front panel. Is there anything that can be done without loosing intercompartmental cooling for the operator. I'm a wuss when it comes to 90+ degree summer days and 85 percent humidity which is normal here. I don't care about the washer bottle and crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.