ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all been trying to locate a wrecked turbo here in SE iowa for parts on my N/A-turbo engine swap. I've located a pretty cheap rebuilt turbo motor that looks pretty nice with only 22K miles on it. However it doesn't have the intake on it. I suppose there's no chance I can use the one off my N/A?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Pretty sure the NA intake is plastic or something? And the turbo is metal. The increased underhood temps probably forced the change in material. Plus maybe rigidity under pressure?

I say no.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Plus maybe they're completely different? They are if you're referring to the piping from the MAS to the TB. I have MAS to turbo and turbo to TB pipes but I'm not looking to sell them right now. I'll show you pics though:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think hes talking about the intake manifold, yes you can use the na intake the only thing you need too get is the turbo idle controll.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
If that's the case then yes he can use both upper and lower manifold from any z31. If he gets one from an NA he won't even have to bother plugging the POV. He needs a lot more than just an engine though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i've read some of the faq's on here. But I was kinda wondering about the intake manifold. Thanks for the info. Man I haven't found a parts car and i've been looking all over around here. There's just not that many running around my area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.