ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some turbo injectors sitting here and a n/a 280zx which is begging me for new injectors. Now I know that the turbo injectors shoot more so i figure if I am going to change one I should just change all of them. Does anyone know what will happen if I do this, will motor bog out and flood? Thanks

· Registered
39 Posts
Try it

I think it would run a little too rich also but you might be able to get it to work and get the best horse power by increasing the timing along with installing the turbo injectors but what do i know i have a turbo.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Re:DON"T Try it!

Waaaay rich. Your O2 sensor can only compensate about 10%, so you would have to run reall real low fuel pressure. There is NO advantage to bigger injectors on a N/A motor running the stock ECU.
You are better using a Rising-Rate FPR.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Doesn't matter ONE bit.

You can put the timing anywhere you want to, the timing is not going to do ONE DARN THING other than increase the stresses on the Con Rod. You would have to advance the timing to light the fuel coming INTO the chamber to have a snowballs' chance in **** of lighting off all that fuel!
No way, no how. Turbo injectors supply WAAAAY too much fuel to be properly combusted. There is not nearly enough air let into the compbustion chamber to properly burn the fuel supplied by a Turbo Injector being driven by a stock N/A ECU's injector pulse! Advance the timing all you want, it won't do a BIT of good, there is TOO much fuel and NOT enough air. Period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.