ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so you guys say turbo injectors in a n/a car will run to rich! what would i need to to do to take advantage of the extra fuel? i was thinking of adding turbo injectors, turbo fuelpump, big throat T.B., porting intake to matchT.B., and a rising rate fuelpressure regulator. with all these upgrades to a n/a car would it net a good power jump or be a waste of cash?

· Registered
992 Posts
that's almost exactly what i'm working on right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed i'll let ya know how it goes.
Chris

· Registered
433 Posts
just dumping in more gas in with parts not meant to work with the stock computer will not only be a waste of money, but will also cost you power, IMO. ****, prove me wrong. one of you guys that insists on doing this needs to post some results!

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Waste of money...

The turbo injectors are WAAAAY too much gas. Period.
All you need to take advantage of the Big-Throat T/B is the rising rate FPR.
And lots of dyno time to dial it in. Right now, I HAVE the setup you mentioned less porting the whole runner and reshaping the head ports. As it is, under accel, the car will poop out black smoke under acceleration anyway, and it goes away as the RPMs rise. What you need is more fuel on the TOP end ONLY. You do NOT need it down low in the power/rev range!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.