ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a question about my 83zxt. I was wondering about the fuel pump control module. Where is it? What does it do? I just installed a high pressure/high flow bosch pump in place of my stock one.
It is supposed to be able to push 90psi. Though I can only get 60 out of it. If I wire it to 12V+ directly it will put out 90+. I know this car has some sort of strange fuel pump module. Any ideas? Any ideas on how I can wire my pump up around this module. Thanks in advance.
BTW right now I'm running 13.3 @107 15psi, T04 60-1/ T3 , starion intercooler. Thanks again.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Turbo guys</b>

The fuel pressure is dictated by your fuel pressure regulator. Your pump can provide 90psi, but you will need to get a rising rate regulator that bumps up the fuel while there is an increase in boost. The regulator goes after the injectors and restrics the amount of fuel returning to the tank which, in turn, creates backpressure on the fuel line that raises the fuel pressure to the injectors. Bell Engineering sells one for $199 9210-349-6515)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel pump control modulator is located directly above the ECCS. The problem I had when I installed a bigger pump sounds like the same as yours. My new pump wanted 12 volts constant, nothing less. The control modulator however looks at feedback from the ECCS and adjusts the voltage going to the pump up and down in regards to engine temp, speed, lots of other stuff.
I ended up running new wires to the pump completely bypassing the modulator. Used a heavy wire off the fuse block that came on with the key. The pump will run constantly this way but it works fine. The pressure regulator can still control it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.